Trinidad Cardona travels back in time and remembers Shakira singing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. At the age of 11, she watches on a television in Mexico how Colombian shines with her dance and the catchy rhythm that made her repeat “Tsmina Mina, eh waka waka, eh eh” Time and again like millions of people in different parts of the world. No one knew what he was singing, but they couldn’t stop doing it either. Today, at the age of 23, he is one of three singers to make a mark in World Cup history and the theme that will sound throughout the competition: Hayya Hayya (better together).
This young man with Pibe Valderrama-style curls entertains with his freshness And says his look is in honor of Brazilian crack Ronaldinho. Although he lived in Mexico, he lost command of Spanish since living in the United States, speaking mostly English. In the first two years of his life he was raised by his grandparents in the city of Michoacan as his parents had to work. Then his father was imprisoned and he returned to his native Phoenix. While talking about his father, he prefers not to delve into the subject, he says that he never saw him again and explains: “It didn’t affect me because I still have two mothers. I have my mother and his wife. I love both and have grown up with everything I need. He adopted three girls when I was 18, but I remained alone in his attention for the rest of my life.
Namrata supports him and makes sure that he has to go through tough times to reach where he is today. At the age of 17, she shot to fame with her first hit, Jennifer, but she couldn’t handle the exposure. He lost all his earnings and was living in his car. He also admitted that when he was called to Qatar to record the World Cup song He had only four cents on the dollar in his bank account.
in an exclusive interview with hailIn Trinidad, Cardona analyzes how he lives the moment and comments that, during the World Cup, he will support the team led by Gerardo Martino. Mexico will be one of Argentina’s rivals in Group C and despite the fact that millions of fans will travel exclusively to see Lionel Messi, This American singer confesses that she has practically never seen him play.
Trinidad Cardona, singer of Qatar 2022 theme. credit: @trinidad
– How did you get a chance to sing the song of the World Cup?
It was all thanks to my friend RedOne (NDR: Moroccan composer, producer and singer) he sent me the song and invited me to sing it. He already had the lyrics of the song ready and I just kept a few things around. TookI recorded here in my room because I record all my music myself. I did it fast in 20 minutes because I didn’t want another artist to record it in front of me. I didn’t think it was real. I sent the song and shortly after he called me to go to Qatar to make the video.
Where does your bond with him come from?
– Our friends are common. The scope of music is very small, everyone knows. He knows the people on my team and everything went very quickly. Now we are more friends and we talk often.
– Are you a fan of football?
-little. When I’m in Mexico with my family I just watch football because there’s always soccer on television. I have many memories when I was watching the World Cup in South Africa in which Shakira sang Waka Waka. What a nice song that was!
– As you remember him, surely over time there will be new generations who will miss you…
– Very crazy! It still doesn’t feel real, I swear. This is the song of this World Cup and became a part of history. I also like to be a part of history.
– And at the club level, which team are you on?
– I only know that I am going to support Mexico. I’m from the United States and you don’t see much football there. I only watch it when I’m with family and they scream mexico, so i scream mexico.
– Any player you like very much?
– My favorite boy was Ronaldinho. He was plucking his hair for a long time, so my hair is like this.
– Have you seen Messi?
– little. The point is that in the United States we watch basketball and there are only five players per team. When I watch football I don’t even know who it is. I may have seen Messi but I can’t remember exactly.
– Are you going to join the games?
– I think so. one or two. How do I get there and they won’t let me in? I go to Mexico.
from success to bankruptcy
What was it like to take the leap to fame at the age of 17?
The first year was good, but then I was not ready for what came. It all happened so fast… I was in school and didn’t know anything about the music business or contracts. So I lost all my money.
– You threw Jennifer and suddenly she bursts. You weren’t ready…
– Undoubted. It had been a few days since the video came out and I was already famous. I didn’t get it. CWhen you lose everything, life lessons appear. Now I know all the bad things I did and I know what I can do better in the future. Many things were my fault, I can’t put all the blame on others, You have to look inside and think about what you did wrong and how you can fix it. He taught me a lesson for a lifetime.
Would it be useful for someone to teach you how to manage money and fame?
– accurate. Nobody taught me. I had to learn everything on my own. I lost everything and had to stay in my car. It’s a little embarrassing, but now I have people who teach me how to do things the right way.
– Did you ever think that years later you will become the singer of the World Cup song when you are in that context?
– No, that’s why it’s so crazy. when i went to qatar I only had four cents in my bank account. And now everything has changed, but everything can change again in an instant. You have to be prepared with the right plan and the right people. You can get there faster, but you can go faster.
– And how do you handle fame now?
– I’m normal. I am normal. I do normal things. I’m in my room, playing video games on my computer and making music for fun. I go out to eat and come home. I don’t go to parties or do anything like that.
There is another side to the singer of the World Cup theme…
– Yes, but in a few years they will see everything. Everything is more secret today as I leave my personal life separate from music. It won’t always be like this. I like something for myself, if I give everything on the internet there is nothing that is just mine.
– And how do you deal with fans?
– Sometimes I spend an hour replying to people on Instagram. In every fan page they create, I’m in charge of talking to everyone and we even have a group chat. As if they were friends.
Topics covered in this note
Credit: Source link