Today Thursday January 7, 2021 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of one new case of COVID-19. This is from a total of 220 samples with 1 positive and 219 negatives. This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to 383.
Case #383 is a 30 year old male non-national
Upon arrival into Saint Lucia, the individual was re-tested and placed in quarantine awaiting receipt of his test results. He has since been placed in isolation.
The Ministry of Health has reported a total of nine recoveries for today, January 7, 2021. This brings the total number of active cases presently in country to 75.
We once again encourage everyone to prioritize their health and take actions which promote well-being. Let us all remain alert and adhere to the protocols to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This will help in protecting our families, colleagues and loved ones, especially the most vulnerable.
It is also mindful that everyone continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to reduce exposure to the COVID-19 virus:
– Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet from others
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.
Credit: Source link