The theme for our next Kingston BETA event on Thursday, June 8th, 2023, 6:30pm, at AC Hotel Kingston is “Jamaica Has the Hottest Startup Scene in the Caribbean? Yes, Says Investors.”
Ugo IKemba is one of the investors with over 40 years collective experience in investing in Startups and SMEs across 3 continents share their perspectives. She along with her fellow panelists, will share what makes Jamaica, its startups, and SMEs so attractive now and how entrepreneurs and digital talent can take full advantage of it all.
You’ll also hear about investing trends, and when is a good time to take money from Investors. Massive value for Entrepreneurs and Tech Industry Professionals! Come with your questions!
Let’s tell you about Ugo IKemba
Ugo is an experienced investment executive in venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE).
Here is a summary of his background :
- CEO of Mscale LLC, the management company leading the creation of a Jamaican-Caribbean venture capital fund to massively scale early-stage companies
- 0ver 20 years of experience in fundraising, origination, due diligence, structuring, closing,
monitoring and exiting.
- Companies worked for include The Rohatyn Group, Vectis Capital and African Capital Alliance.
- Former Managing Director for the World Bank’s Growth & Employment Fund of $160m USD to fund and scale 4000 early-stage companies in Nigeria.
- Funded over 1700 firms across different market cycles with a gross IRR on exited deals of 45%
returning 7x money to investors.
- Wide network of strong relationships across North America, South America, and Africa.
- Industry experience in technology, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and real estate.
- Impact from his work includes 26,248 jobs created and technical assistance to over 5,000 firms.
- Received an MBA from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum Master
- An American citizen born in the United Kingdom.
He is British-Nigerian Born resident of the United States.
The Investor panel at Kingston BETA’s next event on Thursday, June 8th, 2023 at AC Hotel Kingston at 6:30pm. Additionally, five entrepreneurs will be pitching on our Startup Stage to win cash, mentorship and connections from the SiliconCaribe Global Network. And of course, Kingston BETA is the best tech industry networking meetup in Jamaica.
Join us. Register and Pay $1,500 | USD$10 at gate. Be generous, bring some friends and colleagues.
See you there.
Credit: Source link