Connect with us

Entertainment

Harry Styles stalker: Homeless man told to keep away from star

Published

on


Harry Styles

Image caption

Harry Styles said he continues to lock his bedroom door at night because of Pablo Tarazaga-Orero

A homeless man convicted of stalking Harry Styles after camping outside his house has been banned from going within 250m of the singer.

Styles said he was left feeling “scared” and “very uncomfortable” by Pablo Tarazaga-Orero, 26, who posted notes and money through his letter box.

Tarazaga-Orero denied the charge, previously telling Hendon Magistrates’ Court the star had propositioned him.

He was barred from going near the singer, his home or business address.

The Spanish national was also banned from posting about the former One Direction star on social media, made the subject of a 12-month community order and told to complete a 30-day rehabilitation requirement.

“You should be aware that failing to comply with a community order is a criminal offence and carries a maximum five-year prison sentence,” District Judge Nigel Dean told him.

Prosecutor Katy Weiss told the court she had spoken to 25-year-old Styles on Sunday and he was “adamant he wants [the defendant] to get help, although he doesn’t want to see him again.”

Image copyright
PA Media

Image caption

Styles said he initially bought the defendant food out of sympathy

During the trial, the singer and actor said he had offered Tarazaga-Orero money for food or a hotel after noticing him sleeping rough near his north London home.

“I thought it was sad that someone so young was sleeping rough at a bus stop when it was cold,” he said.

Styles bought him food the following day but then stopped interacting with the defendant on the advice of his security staff because of his “odd” behaviour which made him feel “a little uneasy”.

Despite cutting contact, Styles said he would see Tarazaga-Orero “incredibly often… almost every day”, and he was followed by the defendant who also posted money through his door.

The 25-year-old said he was still affected by his actions so had “employed a night guard” and continued “to lock my bedroom door at night”.

The defendant told the court he chose to sleep in the neighbourhood as it felt safer than central London and he never intended to stalk the singer, but “just wanted the money he offered me”.

He also said Styles propositioned him and claimed he was told: “‘Let’s come to a hotel, let’s have some fun’, or something like that”.



Source link

Entertainment

Disney culls ‘Fox’ from 20th Century Fox in rebrand

Published

on

By


The 20th Century Fox with its iconic spotlightsImage copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

The 20th Century Fox logo will lose a word but retain the same look, according to reports

Disney executives have cut the word “Fox” from their 20th Century Fox film studio in an apparent bid to distance it from operations of the previous owner, Rupert Murdoch.

US media suggests Disney does not want to be associated with the media mogul’s highly partisan, right-wing Fox News network.

However, Disney has not clarified its reasons.

It bought the studio, with other media operations, in a $71bn deal last March.

20th Century Fox is known for producing some of the biggest films of all-time, including Avatar and Titanic.

  • Murdoch’s son criticises wildfires media coverage
  • Disney boss on Star Wars, Marvel & Scorsese

Variety magazine, which broke the news about the name change, said it had spoken to an unnamed Disney source, who said: “I think the Fox name means Murdoch, and that is toxic.”

Hollywood is known for being liberal, unlike the Australian tycoon.

Disney has also renamed Fox Searchlight Pictures, the arthouse arm, as simply Searchlight Pictures.

Staff emails were changed on Friday, from @fox.com to @20thcenturystudios.com or @searchlight.com.

Image copyright
Reuters

Image caption

Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News has been a cheerleader for Donald Trump

The original 20th Century Fox company was formed in 1935 following a merger.

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation bought it in the mid-1980s, and the Fox News channel was created in 1996, growing to become most-watched in the US.

News Corporation was later split into News Corp and 21st Century Fox – which Disney acquired as the parent company of various film and television studios, including the renowned 20th Century Fox.

The Murdoch family retained the news outlets in a spin-off company, Fox Corporation, which is run by Rupert Murdoch’s son Lachland.

  • The Disney-Fox giant in four charts
  • Disney bets the House of Mouse on streaming

Variety says the 20th Century Fox studio’s well-known fanfare theme and searchlight logo will be retained.

Disney also runs 20th Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios. Any changes to their names have not been announced.

Disney is already a dominant force in US news, as the owner of the ABC network. It is also hoping to challenge Netflix with its own streaming service Disney+, which launched in the US last year.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jack Reacher author Lee Child passes writing baton to brother

Published

on

By


Lee ChildImage copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

Lee Child has written 24 Jack Reacher novels

The author of the best-selling Jack Reacher novels is handing over the writing duties to his younger brother.

Lee Child, 65, reportedly considered killing off the 6ft 5ins vigilante hero, who is played by actor Tom Cruise in film adaptations.

But the writer said: “I love my readers and know they want many, many more Reacher stories in the future.”

His brother Andrew Grant, 51, who will write under the pen name Andrew Child, is already an established author.

Child, whose real name is James Grant, said he felt he was “ageing out” of being able to produce more of the books.

He said: “So I have decided to pass the baton to someone who can.”

He described his younger sibling as the “best tough-guy writer I have read in years.”

“We share the same DNA, the same background, the same upbringing,” he said, adding: “He’s me, fifteen years ago, full of energy and ideas.”

Image copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

There have been two Jack Reacher films starring Tom Cruise

The Coventry-born author said they would work on the next few novels together “and then he’ll strike out on his own”.

Child started writing after being fired from his job as a presentation director at Granada Television in 1995.

His first Reacher novel, Killing Floor, was published in 1997.

He has since sold more than 100 million books and Amazon has announced it is adapting the series for TV.

The novels, which are set in the United States, have been translated into 40 languages and adapted into two movies starring Cruise.

The protagonist of the book series is a former major in the US Army military police who roams the US investigating suspicious and dangerous situations.

Grant said he had been “blown away” by his elder brother’s first Reacher novel.

He said: “The more time I spent with him in each new adventure, the more I craved the next. So I know what it’s like to wait for the new Reacher novel.”

He added: “I understand what Reacher fans want – because I am one. And I’ll do my best to deliver for them.

“I’ll have to. Because my big brother will be watching.”

The Sentinel, the 25th Jack Reacher novel, is due to be published on 29 October 2020.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jazz musician Rex Martey signs record deal aged 82

Published

on

By


An 82-year-old south-Londoner has had his lifetime ambition come true by getting a record deal.

Rex Martey suffers from prostate cancer and needs dialysis three times a week.

He wanted a deal so he could leave a legacy and has been signed by record company The Animal Farm.

One of the songs on his album is dedicated to the cancer nurse who’s treated him for the last few years.

He has pledged a quarter of all sales will go to Guys Hospital.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending