The Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service (TTMS) has issued an Adverse Weather Alert – Yellow Level for Trindad and Tobago.
The alert will take effect from 8am on Sunday and is expected to end at 10am on Monday.
The Met Office said an intense area of instability and moisture is ahead the axis of an approaching tropical wave.
It noted that this will affect the islands with cloudy skies, prolonged periods of rainfall and occasional thunderstorms which can result in rainfall accumulation in excess of 25mm and gusty winds in excess of 55 km/h.
Possible impacts include:
• Street flooding which can cause minor traffic disruptions.
• Ponding is possible in low lying areas.
• Loose items can become displaced by strong winds.
• Electrical discharges are possible during thunderstorms.
• Low-lying coastal areas may have slower runoff during high tide due to the occurrence of Spring Tides.
Citizens are asked to secure loose outdoor items and livestock and avoid wading or driving through residual flood water.
They are also asked to exercise caution in near low-lying and coastal areas especially during high tide.
Credit: Source link