Fourteen candidates from Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis and St Vincent and the Grenadines were awarded the prestigious Chevening Scholarship.
British High Commissioner to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, His Excellency Scott Furssedonn-Wood, is very pleased with the recent announcement.
“I am delighted that fourteen more outstanding individuals from Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean have been awarded Chevening Scholarships this year. Chevening represents the very best of the UK and its vibrant international community. As we continue tackling major global issues, international cooperation is more essential than ever. We are proud of the strides our Caribbean awardees continue to make as part of the global Chevening family.”
Funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organisations, Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders worldwide to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
The full list of 2022 Chevening Scholarship recipients are:
- Renee Crichlow – University of West London, MSc Public Health and Wellbeing
- Debra Francis – London School of Economics, MSc Human Rights and Politics
- Devi St Luce – Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, School of Advanced Study, University College London, LLM Drafting Legislation, Regulation, and Policy
- Brendon Duncan – University College London, MSc Information Security
- Shireen Charles – University College London, MSc Dental Public Health
St Kitts and Nevis
- Joy Napier – University of Edinburgh, MSc in International Development
- Stacy Elva-Lafeuillee – University of Sussex, MA International Education and Development
- Yasmine Francois – University of East Anglia, MA International Social Development
- Chelsa Jongue – University of Westminster, MA in Communication
- Erland George – University of Leeds, MA Global Governance and Diplomacy
St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Maxron Holder – University of Edinburgh, LLM Law
- Nafesha Richardson – University College London, LLM Law
- Shernell Hadaway – University of Leeds, MSc in Climate Change and Environmental Policy
- Shafique Sam – University of Kent, MSc Economics
The scholarship application for the 2023-2024 academic year closes on 1 November 2022.
Credit: Source link